Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh My Chocolates, I’m Addicted to YOU!

There is no doubt that chocolate is the sweetest food in the world! Agree? Its sweetness gives a different level of happiness any man could ever taste.  It could be very addictive, or at least subject to craving and people who obsessively consume it are referred to as “chocoholics”. So, if eating too much chocolate is a crime, I plead guilty as charged!

Scrumptious Dark Chocolate Cakes


For my first blog, I went to three (3) recommended chocolate stores in the city. First is Chocolat in SM Mall of Asia where they served classical moist chocolate cakes. Flaunted in sliding glass breakfront outside their store are their delicious chocolate cakes lining up which made all passing by customers enticed to taste. Their best seller is “Death by Tablea” – chocolate cake with bittersweet icing made of native cacao and condensed milk. It tastes like no other chocolate cakes because it is so dewy that its moist will saturate heavenly in your mouth. Second store is Cacao FineChocolate & Patisserie in MOA where you can see wide selection of freshly baked pastries and savories. Even if it is a bit pricy, their chocolates are sensational as it is made from the finest Belgian chocolates. One of their chocolates is named as Valentin Heart which I find really cute and interesting. It is made of passion fruit, white peach caramel filling in white and dark chocolate. It’s expensive for that small thing but it tastes divine! Well if price is not an issue, this could be my most wanted chocolate store.

Chocolat in MOA

Cacao Fine Chocolate & Patisserie in MOA

Valentin Heart Chocolate

Lastly, I went with my friends at Chocolate Fire in Salcedo Village, Makati where I was delighted by the scrumptious collection of molded chocolates that compasses the store. I have to say this was my favorite chocolate store among the three. They have the purest and finest chocolates I ever tasted. Muy delicioso! You would be submerged by the wide selection of black, brown & white chocolates that are styled in different forms and shapes. Must-try is their “Strawberries Taking a Dip” – so lip-smacking! So, if you are up for out of the ordinary chocolate experience, this store is the place to be.

Chocolate fire (Makati) with my friends - Xania and Anne who are also chocoholics like me.

 Cookie Dough

Brown & White chocolates molded into mouse shape

Assorted Dipped Frozen Chocolates 

“Strawberries Taking a Dip” – so lip-smacking!


Chocolate is famous during occasions such as Valentines, Birthdays and Christmas. Gifts of chocolate molded into different shapes have become popular on special events. So if you ever think of giving me something, chocolate should be on your drop-down list (just saying).  

Molded Belgian Chocolates

Here's something for you! Minted dipped chocolate.


Whenever I am frazzled at work or even in personal life, I eat chocolate because it lightens up my mood somehow. It gives me a relaxing feeling that changes my disposition. A quote from the author Charles M. Schulz says, “All you need is LOVE. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” So true! Now if you ever feel like you’re having a bad day, just eat a chocolate and you will be okay! 


2 comments: